Sunday, March 6, 2011

WOW! What an empowering and beautiful thing to read!

I saw this today on a fellow heart mom's blog.  It's hauntingly beautiful, and voices all the fears that a heart parent never wants to speak of.  But at the same time it's rich in gratitude and hope.

Some things...
Can't be held in your hands...
Like hope, and faith...
And dreams and plans...
Some things...
Remain so hard to see...
Like courage,strength, and bravery...
Wisdom,knowledge, inspiration...
Finding acceptance...
In our situation...
I know God heard...
My every plea...
He knew what I needed......
Then He chose me.

I walk toward the doorway...
And then I step through...
My child lays fighting...
In this ICU...
Wires all over...
Monitors beeping...
Here lies my child...
Peacefully sleeping...
Sometimes I'm afraid...
Of all that I see...
But I remain thankful...
Because God chose me.

And now we are home...
And I'm watching him play...
And I'd often wondered...
If I'd see this day...
When things would be normal...
And worry has eased...
He looks up at me...
As if he's quite pleased...
And yes...I still wonder...
What will come to be?
But I remain thankful...
Because God chose me.

I think about heart friends...
Now no longer here...
Their family now facing...
My very worst fear...
And as loving parents...
Hold tiniest hands...
Sometimes...it happens...
God has other plans...
And as parent's question...
The things he went through..
This small angel whispers...
I'm glad HE chose you.

He didn't look upon me...
And say you'll rise to fame...
Have all that you could ask for...
Or be a household name.
I'll never win a grammy...
Or paint rare...priceless art...
God chose me to love a child...
With such a special heart.
~Stephanie Husted

No comments:

Post a Comment