Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Sydney Jo!


I cannot believe my baby girl is two years old.  Time really does fly!
Two years ago, at 9:34am, my Sydney came into this world.  Weighing in at 7lbs 12 oz she was quite a bit bigger than Madi had been as a newborn and she was bright-eyed and ready to eat.  It was such a relief to meet my little pumpkin and finally be able to hold her and kiss her and all the fun things that go along with having a new baby.
Sydney has always been such a laid-back kid.  She is so content with everything in life and always has a smile on her face.  I think we can all learn a lesson from Sydney.. let's be happy with what we have and try to smile every single day-even if it's for a teeny tiny reason-instead of griping about the little things.  No matter what life has thrown our way, Sydney has always rolled with the punches and been a good example for how we all should be. 
I have a lot of guilt about the early days of her life.  Madi had just gotten out of the hospital yet again when she was born, and shortly thereafter was when Madi got her second ambulance ride, followed by pacemaker implantation and then the road to transplant started.  I pretty much moved into Children's and subsequently St. Mary's hospital and in so doing I missed out on a lot of Sydney's babyhood.  I knew she was just fine where she was but it hurt to not be a part of her everyday life.. to hold her and snuggle before bed, rock with her and feed her, and just be there for her.  Now she's two, and snuggling is not usually on the list of preferred activities for her.  Ha ha.  But I steal the kisses and hugs when I can and truly relish every one of them.  If there's one thing I have learned from being a mom, it's that time goes by all too fast and you should treasure your children.  They are our greatest accomplishments, biggest gifts from God, and the best blessings you could ever have.
My silly, sweet, beautiful little girl, Mommy loves you more than you will ever know.  Happy 2nd Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment