Friday, March 11, 2011

Ready for a challenge?

If there's one thing I love to do, it's read.  I remember when I was pregnant for the first time I got told quite frequently that I might as well kiss my books goodbye.  That I would never get to read again beyond Dr. Seuss and other illustrated, rhyming stories.
I have found that to be so far from the truth.  In fact I think I read more now than I ever did before kids.  (Which is saying a lot because I have always been an avid reader.)  I think it has to do with the fact that my kids go to bed at eight o'clock.  Once they are in bed I have plenty of time to dive into a good book.  Books have always been an escape for me, and now they are what winds me down at the end of the day.  Rarely a night goes by that I don't read at least a little bit before bed.
So, with that said, I am embarking on a new journey.  I am going to take the 100+ challenge!  I stumbled across this one on my cousin Ali's blog.  Another blogger out there is hosting this challenge here.  I currently use an application called Visual Bookshelf on Facebook, so that's where my books are listed.  I will keep you all posted, and challenge all you readers out there to take this one on as well.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment