Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Friends..

You know what?  I have some AWESOME friends.
They may not be the friends I had before I had kids.  They may not even be the same friends that were around a lot before Madi got sick.  But I have to say, they are all in my life for a reason.  And the ones that aren't anymore?  Also for a reason.
Some of them I do not even know in "real" life, but only through the world of Facebook.  And that's ok.  Because honestly, these people are there for me by the dozens, and I do not know where I would be without their support.  I love receiving text messages from my heart mamas, asking how Madi's eating is today, or how my kids' therapy sessions went.  I love to get pics of their kiddos, just enjoying life.  I am thrilled to share in their families' successes, and I cry with them when life gets them down.  They are there for me whenever I need-even if it's three in the morning.  And I am more than willing to return that favor.
Then there are the ones that I know in person, that are still fully present in my life through thick and thin.  It means so much to me to have people that are on my side.  To get "happy mail" from them, collaborate on CHD projects, share recipes, and meet up for lunch or the aquarium or what have you.  Having someone around that understands is priceless.  What is even more priceless to me, though, is the people that are willing to jump into this crazy life of mine knowing full well what it entails.  The friends who care enough to want to learn about the CHD world even if they are not in it.  The ones who rally for support and awareness for things that mean a lot to me.  The ones who are willing to share a plate of cheesy fries or a margarita and molten lava cake at a restaurant at 10 at night, since that's the only time I can get away.  The ones who take their own talents and use them to make things that further CHD Awareness and education.
If you are reading this right now, chances are you are one of those friends.  I hope you know how much you mean to me.  Your love, support, prayers, and laughter are immeasurably valuable to me. 
In other words, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment