Thursday, July 21, 2011

Save the drama for your mama! ...Oh, wait, I AM your mama...

When a woman is pregnant, many thoughts go through her mind about the little life that is developing inside her.  We imagine what the baby will look like, how big he or she will be, and what their personalities will be like.  Often times, we are way off base.  In the case of my pregnancy "premonitions" about Sydney, though, I always knew she was going to be a bit of a firecracker.  Boy was I right.
Throughout my pregnancy, Sydney was always in motion.  I don't think she slept a wink while she was in utero..and I didn't sleep much either.  Just when I would think she had settled down for the evening, she would start her gymnastics. 
Since then, she has proven over and over that she is the go-getter.  Now that she is two years old, I am starting to see a bit more personality coming out as time goes on.  My little Sydney has turned into quite the drama queen. She is also very daring and rambunctious.  She reminds me of my little brother, Derek, now 20, who to this day is the poster child for bumps, bruises, and crazy conundrums.  Case in point: over the weekend, Sydney figured out how much fun it is to climb up and down on the couch.  Today she was on the couch and "looking" over the arm of the couch.  I told her to sit down, and she did, so I went into the kitchen to start making lunch.  Then, WHAM!  Sydney is on the floor-in the kitchen.  She stood up on the couch and pretty much vaulted over the side of the couch, bounced once on the carpet in the living room, and ended up in the kitchen.  Of course she got lots of kisses, reassurance and comfort.  After she is feeling better, what does she do?  Yep, climbs up on the couch and starts hanging over the side again.  I told her to sit down or she was going to fall again.  Oh, the drama.  Sydney let loose.  Funny thing is, she would look to make sure I was watching her before she would start wailing again. 
I am still struggling with trying to balance my time between both kids equally.  More and more these days I find that a hard goal to meet.  Madi doesn't like to share.  Not her toys, and especially not "her" Mama.  Which makes Sydney cry.  And cry.  And cry.  Sometimes, hair-pulling (Sydney pulling Madi's) and bodyslamming (Madi on Sydney) will ensue.  I become a referee. 
I cringe to think what adolescence will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment